The very first thing it’s best to do in case of an unknown UPI transaction in your checking account or the occasion of a misplaced smartphone is to disable the UPI. This may stop any thief from laying fingers in your valuable financial savings within the checking account linked to your UPI tackle. That stated, this explainer discusses a number of methods to disable UPI in numerous digital cost apps, corresponding to Paytm, PhonePe, BHIM UPI, Google Pay, and devoted banking apps. Moreover, you’ll be able to be taught to cancel Autopayments in Paytm for paying payments.
How one can Flip off UPI Transactions in Digital Fee Apps
Comply with these straightforward steps to disable your UPI ID in numerous digital cost apps:
Disable UPI in Paytm App
Along with numerous helpful options corresponding to Faucet to Pay, Paytm permit customers to have full management over their UPI addresses, together with disabling unused UPI addresses. Right here’s how one can disable your current UPI tackle in Paytm:
1. Open the Paytm app (Android, iOS) and faucet the profile icon within the top-left nook.
2. Subsequent, go to UPI and Fee Settings to configure it.
3. Additional, faucet the three-dot icon within the top-right nook after which faucet the Disable UPI choice to deactivate your current UPI tackle for funds on Paytm.
4. Verify your motion by tapping the OK button and following the on-screen directions to finish the method.
Disable UPI in PhonePe
Just like Paytm, you’ll be able to disable numerous UPI addresses linked to your checking account contained in the PhonePe app. You can too disable all UPI IDs directly by eradicating your checking account from the app. Right here’s what that you must do:
1. Open the PhonePe app (Android, iOS) and faucet your profile icon within the top-left nook.
2. Subsequent, faucet in your Financial institution Account Card to view the related UPI particulars.
3. Now you can view all linked UPI IDs associated to the chosen checking account beneath the UPI IDs part.
4. To delete an current UPI ID, merely faucet the Delete button subsequent to it.
5. Alternatively, you’ll be able to scroll right down to the underside of the web page, and faucet the Unlink Financial institution Account button. Doing this may immediately disable all of the UPI IDs linked to your stated checking account.
Disable UPI in BHIM App
The favored Indian digital funds app, BHIM, provides options much like PhonePe for deactivating an current UPI linked to your checking account. Comply with these steps achieve this:
1. Open the BHIM UPI app (Android, iOS) in your telephone and faucet your checking account banner within the top-left nook.
2. Subsequent, increase your added checking account card and press the Take away button to delete your linked checking account. As soon as deleted, any current UPI ID linked to it will likely be disabled robotically.
Word: To delete the default UPI banking account from BHIM, you both must first add one other account to take away the present account or de-register from the app in any other case, the choice shall stay greyed out.
3. Alternatively, you’ll be able to deregister your BHIM Account to disable your current UPI ID. Merely, faucet the hamburger menu contained in the BHIM app to open its Settings.
4. Press the Deregister button and enter your default checking account quantity to disable your BHIM account.
Disable UPI within the Google Pay App
To disable the UPI service contained in the Google Pay app, that you must observe these easy steps:
1. Within the Google Pay app (Android, iOS) increase the profile icon within the top-right nook to entry Financial institution Accounts.
2. Subsequent, faucet in your desired checking account and press the Handle UPI IDs button to view all UPI addresses linked to it.
3. Lastly, press the Delete button subsequent to an current UPI ID to disable it.
4. Verify your motion by urgent the Delete button.
5. Then again, you’ll be able to take away all UPI IDs linked to your checking account on Google Pay directly by deleting the added account. To attain the identical, faucet the three-dot icon within the top-right nook and press the Take away Account button.
6. Lastly, press the Proceed button to take away your checking account, this may disable all of the linked UPI IDs.
Disable UPI in Devoted Banking Apps
Apart from numerous digital cost apps, most Indian Banks provide their devoted app, for cell banking and UPI companies to its clients. To disable the UPI service in such banking apps, listed here are the steps to observe:
1. Open your devoted Banking app and seek for the UPI part in it.
2. Subsequent, search for the De-Registration possibility and observe the on-screen directions to disable your UPI ID via the banking app.
Bonus: Deactivate UPI in case your Telephone is Misplaced or Stolen
In case your smartphone is misplaced or stolen, a thief would possibly try to put fingers in your valuable financial savings by interacting together with your UPI ID and SIM card quantity for studying OTPs. To forestall such a situation, it’s best to observe these steps:
1. Name your financial institution helpline quantity and request them to block the telephone quantity and UPI service related together with your checking account.
2. Subsequent, block your Telephone Quantity by contacting your mobile community’s buyer care quantity. As soon as blocked, the thief received’t be capable of obtain essential OTPs or messages in your SIM Card that could be used to reset your UPI credentials.
Q: How one can block UPI IDs in case your smartphone is stolen/misplaced?
A: Comply with our bonus tip on this information for steps, to dam all of your UPI IDs in case your smartphone is stolen/misplaced.
Q: How one can delete a UPI ID?
A: You may head to UPI settings in every digital funds app to disable or take away your checking account. Consult with the above strategies for extra particulars.
Q: How one can deactivate/disable UPI ID in Paytm, PhonePe, or Google Pay?
A: Test the straightforward steps listed on this information to deactivate your UPI ID in Paytm, PhonePe, Google Pay, or BHIM.
This text defined the totally different strategies to disable UPI in numerous digital funds and banking apps. In case you discover this learn useful, share it together with your family members to maintain them safe within the digital house. Additionally, take a look at different helpful hyperlinks listed beneath for extra UPI-related walkthroughs, and keep tuned to GadgetsToUse for extra such reads.
You could be within the following:
You can too observe us for fast tech information at Google Information or for suggestions and methods, smartphones & devices evaluations, be a part of GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or for the most recent overview movies subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.