Many individuals don’t just like the default app icons on their telephones. It could possibly be because of the lackluster design or smaller icons and font sizes. On the similar time, some could wish to customise the app icons and names to disguise and conceal them. Due to this fact, on this article, let’s see some useful methods to vary your app icon and identify on any Android cellphone.
The way to Change App Icon and Identify on Android
You may change the app icons and names in your Android cellphone in a number of methods. You should use the built-in function in your cellphone or depend on third-party launchers and apps. Learn all of the strategies intimately beneath.
Technique 1- Change App Icons Utilizing Constructed-in Characteristic
Smartphone producers that use their very own customized pores and skin on prime of Android typically will let you customise app icons and names. Right here’s how you are able to do it on MIUI, OneUI, and OxygenOS:
Customise App Icons on OxygenOS
Relying upon the OxygenOS model, you can’t solely change the app icon and textual content but in addition obtain customized icon packs in your OnePlus cellphone. Examine the steps intimately beneath.
Right here’s methods to change the icon or textual content for a specific app on OnePlus:
1. Press and maintain the app icon you wish to customise.
2. Choose Edit from the choices within the popup menu.
3. Faucet the app icon and choose the icon pack you’d like to decide on a brand new icon from.
4. On the subsequent display screen, choose the icon you want.
5. Moreover, you’ll be able to change the app identify and hit OK.
Right here’s methods to change the icon pack and elegance on OnePlus:
1. Faucet and maintain wherever on the house display screen. Click on on Icons.
2. Right here, you will notice a number of already put in themes. Should you don’t like them, faucet the Customized possibility.
3. Now you can set the icon dimension, form, colour, and font dimension per your desire.
Alternatively, you’ll be able to obtain full icon packs from Google Play Retailer in your OnePlus smartphone.
Customise App Icon Fashion on Xiaomi MIUI
On Xiaomi and Redmi smartphones, you need to use the built-in Theme retailer to obtain and customise the wallpaper, icons, and total feel and appear.
Right here’s methods to change the theme on Xiaomi telephones operating MIUI 13:
1. Open the Themes app in your Xiaomi or Redmi smartphone.
2. Scroll down and faucet the theme you want to put in.
3. On the subsequent display screen, faucet the Obtain button to save lots of the theme.
4. As soon as it’s downloaded, click on on Apply.
Your cellphone will now use icons from the theme utilized.
You may change the theme or icons anytime by heading to Themes > Profile > Themes or Icons.
Obtain Customized Icon Packs on Samsung OneUI
Samsung smartphones operating OneUI include a devoted Galaxy Themes retailer. Utilizing it, you’ll be able to obtain customized themes and icons in your machine, as proven beneath.
1. Contact and maintain wherever on the empty space of your Samsung house display screen.
2. Choose Themes from the choices that seem.
3. Click on Icons. Undergo the obtainable icons and faucet the one you want.
4. Subsequent, faucet Obtain to save lots of the icon set in your Samsung cellphone.
To vary icons or swap between the downloaded ones anytime, long-press wherever on the house display screen and click on Themes. Subsequent, faucet the three-dot menu > My Stuff > Icons and choose the specified pack.
Technique 2- Use Android Launchers to Change an App Icon or Identify
Android lets you use third-party app launchers for those who’re sad with the preloaded one. In case your cellphone doesn’t provide a local method to change app icons or font sizes, you’ll be able to set up launchers like Nova, Lawnchair, and so forth.
Right here’s how one can change an app’s icon or identify in Nova Launcher:
1. Obtain Nova Launcher from Google Play Retailer.
2. Open it, permit the required permissions, and set it because the default launcher in your cellphone.
3. As soon as arrange, faucet and maintain the app icon you wish to customise. Click on on Edit.
4. Now you can straight faucet and edit the app identify.
5. Subsequent, faucet the app icon and choose Constructed-in or Gallery to set a customized icon for the app.
6. Crop the picture (if utilizing a customized icon) and hit Performed on the highest proper.
7. As soon as performed, faucet Performed to save lots of the adjustments.
The customized app icon and identify will mirror throughout the house display screen and app drawer. You too can obtain customized icon packs to provide apps a refreshing look, proven within the strategies beneath.
Technique 3- Use Third-Celebration Icon Changer Apps for House Display
Alternatively, you need to use third-party icon changer apps. These apps create a “customized icon shortcut” in your cellphone’s house display screen for the specified app. For the reason that authentic app stays intact, the shortcut can seem solely on the house display screen and never on the app drawer.
Right here’s how one can change an app icon utilizing X Icon Changer:
1. Obtain X Icon Changer from Google Play Retailer in your cellphone.
2. Open it and choose the app you wish to change the icon for.
3. Subsequent, select the specified icon from the library. You too can decide a customized icon from the gallery or use one other app’s icon.
4. As soon as performed, click on OK on the prime proper.
5. Settle for the immediate searching for permission to create a house display screen shortcut.
That’s it. A brand new icon will seem in your Android cellphone’s house display screen, tapping which can open the settings utility.
Technique 4- Obtain Customized Icon Packs
A number of Android skins like OxygenOS and third-party launchers (like Nova, Lawnchair, and so forth.) assist customized icon packs. You may obtain the icon pack of your selection from Google Play Retailer and apply it to the cellphone’s launcher inside a number of faucets. Right here’s methods to do it:
1. Obtain Candycons (or select between these prime icon packs) from the Play Retailer.
2. Set up and open the appliance.
3. Faucet Apply and choose the launcher you’d like to use it in (in case of a number of launchers).
4. Hit OK to use.
If it doesn’t assist the built-in launcher, obtain a third-party launcher from Play Retailer.
The app icons will now be modified as per your desire.
Technique 5- Change Your Telephone’s Theme for New Icons
Altering the cellphone’s theme, most often, additionally adjustments the icons alongside the wallpaper and total interface. In case your cellphone comes with a devoted theme retailer, right here’s how you need to use it to change to a ne theme:
1. Open the Themes app in your cellphone (if obtainable). You too can test for it in Settings > House Display.
2. Scroll by way of the obtainable themes and select the one you favor.
3. Hit the “Obtain,” “Apply,” or “Personal this theme,” whichever is relevant.
That’s it. Your Android cellphone will swap to the newly downloaded theme with completely different icons and wallpaper.
That is how one can change the app icon and identify in your Android cellphone. As talked about, you’ll be able to both use built-in choices to customise the app icon or exchange them with a customized one or strive third-party launchers and icon packs. Anyhow, what’s your selection? Tell us through feedback.
You is perhaps concerned about:
You too can comply with us for immediate tech information at Google Information or for suggestions and methods, smartphones & devices critiques, be part of GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the most recent assessment movies subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.